This course is available for FREE to Sigma Members.
This course will prepare newly licensed nurses to successfully find their first nursing jobs, assimilate into the profession and work environment, and thrive in the first years of practice and beyond.
- Identify three benefits of professional association membership.
- Discuss three networking essentials.
- Describe three elements of a successful interview.
- List three important things to look for in your first job.
- Outline two assimilation strategies for your new workplace.
- Describe two ways to increase your learning curve.
- List two techniques for minimizing conflict.
About the Author
Donna Cardillo MA, RN holds a diploma in nursing, a BS in Health Care Management, and an MA in Corporate and Public Communication. She has more than 20 years of clinical, management, and business experience. Cardillo’s clinical experience includes emergency and psychiatric nursing. She helps nurses advance in their careers and motivates them to be happy with their work. She does that as a keynote speaker, columnist, and author.