This course will help increase knowledge in regard to organizational structure, management systems, and information technology. Additionally, the concept of population health, and the determinants that contribute to that health, will be addressed.
- Describe several of the determinants of health and how they contribute to health and to health disparities.
- Demonstrate steps a nurse might take to identify a health disparity, suggest solutions that are acceptable to the community and engage political support.
- Explore the types of disasters, as well as the disaster continuum.
- Explain why nurses need effective leadership, management, and collaboration skills in today’s public health care environment.
- Examine nursing leadership strategies to enhance patient safety during natural disasters.
- Explain how nurses provide leadership with care coordination in emergency preparedness.
- Explain the nursing leader’s role in disaster management planning.
- Evaluate the various types and characteristics of organizational structures.
- Analyze organizational structures in relation to their effectiveness.
- List management structures found in an organizational structure.
- Review the impact of technology on delivery of care.