To Comfort Always is an award-winning handbook for nurses on how to care for patients at the end of life. Fully revised and updated, this new edition is a practical guide to understanding the needs of both patients and families and the important roles nurses play in addressing those needs. To Comfort Always provides a practical framework that differentiates end-of-life nursing in terms of skilled clinician, advocate, and guide.
- Educating your patients, their families, and yourself about illnesses
- Guiding patients and families through the stages of dementia
- Conducting pain assessments
- Advocating for the needs of patients and families
- Assessing and engaging when death is near
- Understanding the specific needs of a dying child
About the Author
Linda Norlander, MS, BSN, RN, is the Director of Clinical Services for Franciscan Hospice in Tacoma, Washington. She has written numerous journal articles on advance care planning, suffering at the end of life, hospice, and other related topics. She is co-author of Being Present: A Nurse’s Resource for End-of-Life Communication. The recipient of a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Executive Nurse Fellowship, Norlander has presented nationally and conducted writing workshops for nurses on end-of-life care.
- Additional Information
SKU 9781-938835-50-6-C Facebook Pixel N/A Author Norlander Linda K Publisher No Dimensions No Year Published 2014 ISBN 9781938835506 About the Author No Pages 208 Sub-title No Edition 2 Partner Sigma Theta Tau International Free Link Url No