The Nurse Manager's Guide to Innovative Staffing, Second Edition
Nurse Managers: Are you struggling with staffing, productivity, and quality of care?
Nurse Managers: Are you struggling with staffing, productivity, and quality of care? In Nursing school, you likely envisioned a career focusing exclusively on patient care, until you were thrust into the reality of numerous additional responsibilities. Whether staffing and productivity are part of your current role or next career move, The Nurse Manager’s Guide to Innovative Staffing, 2nd Ed., is for you. This practical guide can help you get a handle on every staffing issue, from assessing your current state to understand and implementing unique care delivery models to leveraging innovative solutions to your staffing challenges. Inside, you’ll find:
- Detailed examples of staffing plans, policies, and delivery models
- Calculation formulas and worksheets, including full-time equivalencies (FTEs), PTO, and productive vs. nonproductive time
- Sound strategies for introducing new policies and technology
- NEW Real-world staffing experiences from front-line managers
- NEW Staffing and care delivery models for non-acute care settings
- NEW Staffing and scheduling for rural and critical access hospitals
- NEW Staffing plans and ethical considerations in disaster management
3rd Place 2017 AJN Book of the Year
The Nurse Manager's Guide to Innovative Staffing awarded third place in the 2017 AJN Book of the year award in the Nursing Management and Leadership category.
Doody 5 Star Review
“This is a helpful and easy-to-follow book on staffing and productivity. It addresses current issues, such as acuity systems and mandatory staffing. The real-life examples are helpful and the exercises are an excellent method for readers to work through issues. All in all, a very helpful and innovative book for any manager or administrator.”
-Cynthia Cummings, EdD, RN, CHSE(University of North Florida Brooks College of Health)
©Doody’s Review Service™
About the Author
Jennifer S. Mensik, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, is Vice President of CE Programming for OnCourse Learning and faculty for DNP and undergraduate programs at Arizona State University College of Nursing and Health Innovations.