This course is written by the top informaticists in healthcare, the book covers everything from planning and analysis to designing, testing, training, implementing, maintaining, evaluating, security, patient safety, analytic, mobility and much more. The content in the book Mastering Informatics: A Healthcare Handbook for Success and the additional online information will help prepare you for the ANCC board certification exam in nursing informatics (RN-BC).
This companion CNE course to Mastering Informatics provides additional content on each of the chapters included in the book Mastering Informatics: A Healthcare Handbook for Success. By purchasing a new copy of Mastering Informatics: A Healthcare Handbook for Success, you can complete all of the continuing nursing education (CNE) units required for the nursing informatics exam from one product.
- Identify core concepts of healthcare informatics pertinent for all disciplines
- Describe the importance of defining future state workflows and consider imperative planning factors to ensure successful adoption and hard-wiring of the change.
- Develop an activation plan from the initial brainstorming activity to the final version that can help mitigate the risks associated with system activation.
- Examine optimization in the context of system life cycle, user adoption, and resource allocation.
- Identify best practices for safeguarding health information and available resources.
- Describe the benefits of using structured data to represent the complexity of nursing care and knowledge in computer systems.
- Discuss challenges that have led to increased scrutiny of electronic health record (EHR) safety.
- Discuss the key areas of focus for healthcare IT safety work by the Office of the National Coordinator of Health IT.
- Describe how m-health technologies are converging with the fields of system biology and genetics to support precise, individualized and personalized healthcare.
About the Authors
Patricia P. Sengstack, DNP, RN-BC, CPHIMS, is Chief Nursing informatics Office for Bon Secours Health System. She serves on the curriculum advisory board for the University of Maryland-s nursing informatics program and is an informatics lecturer at Vanderbilt University-s School of Nursing at both master-s and doctoral levels. In 2014, Sengstack received the Dean-s Award for Recognition of Faculty Achievement in Informatics from Vanderbilt University School of Nursing. She is President of the American Nursing Informatics Association and has served on its board of directors since 2012.
Charles M. Boicey, MS, RN-BC, CLNC, CPHIMS, is Enterprise Analytics Architect for Stony Brook Medicine. He develops the analytics infrastructure to serve clinical, operational, quality, and research needs of the organization. Boicey is Vice President of the American Nursing Informatics Association and has served on its board of directors since 2010. He was a founding member of the team that developed the health and Human Services award winning application “MappyHealth,” and he developed “Saritor,” a novel Big Data healthcare data platform for advanced healthcare analytics.