As our global population ages, the percentage of those over age 60 will nearly double in size-from 12 to 22 percent by 2050*. This demographic shift will increase the demand for home care nursing as healthcare providers seek to keep older adults healthier and out of acute-care settings. Tina M. Marrelli’s new book, Home Care Nursing: Surviving in an Ever-Changing Care Environment, is the definitive resource for understanding the challenges and complexities of home-based healthcare. Written without jargon or insider acronyms, Home Care Nursing is a practical yet comprehensive guidebook valuable to anyone connected to home care nursing services, including:
- All levels of experienced nurses with an interest in home care nursing
- Administrators, clinical reviewers, policymakers, and insurers who oversee home care nursing
- Physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners who refer patients to home care services
- Social workers, pharmacist, and hospital staff who prepare patients to return home
Each chapter is packed with questions, answers, discussion topics, and additional resources, making this book an excellent reference and guide to home care. Whatever your experience level, this book will prepare you for an exciting, rewarding career in this nursing specialty perfectly poised for growth and longevity.2nd Place 2017 AJN Book of the YearHome Care Nursing: Surviving in an Ever-Changing Care Environment awarded second place in the 2017 AJN Book of the year award in the Community, Public Health and Home Health category.
About the Author
Tina M. Marrelli, MSN, MA, RN, FAAN, is President of Marrelli and Associates Inc., a publishing and consulting firm working in healthcare for more than 20 years. She is the author of numerous books, including the Handbook of Home Health Standards: Quality, Documentation, and Reimbursement, which is in its fifth revised reprint edition. Previously, Marrelli worked at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services on Medicare Part A home care and hospice policies and operations.
- Additional Information
SKU 9781-940446-71-4-C Facebook Pixel No Author Marrelli Tina Marie Publisher No Dimensions No Year Published 2016 ISBN 9781940446714 About the Author No Pages 448 Sub-title No Edition 1 Partner Sigma Theta Tau International Free Link Url No
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Tina has been along for the winding, bumpy ride we have all been through in Home Health! She understands the changing terrain, and provides us with a beautiful, easy-reading, road map. Tina's insights are invaluable through her experiences, including working directly for CMS. Please ensure your agency has this resource for your new- and not-so-new clinicians-- We all need this !!
- Excellent resource for new and seasoned home health clinicians
I highly recommend this book for two audiences: for clinicians transitioning into home healthcare setting and for seasoned home care clinicians, managers and administrators.
For new home health clinicians, you can find no better resource for your home health orientation. Indeed, home health agencies that use this book to drive their orientation program will likely create a home health staff who “get” home healthcare – not only all the rules and regulations, but its heart and soul in a way that inspires excellent home healthcare practice.
Seasoned home healthcare providers, frequently deep into the details of their practice, will see how the details fit into a broader perspective, which will simultaneously ground and inspire their practice.
Marrelli’s writing style is easy to read and understand, as though she is sitting with you, helping you to focus on the most important points. The book is chock-full of tips and resources.