Due to COVID-19, availability of print books is temporarily limited. Sigma Marketplace offers several eBook formats of this book available for purchase and immediate download, while many of our bookstore partners offer print-on-demand copies.
Using construction as their metaphor, authors Joe Tye and Bob Dent make a compelling case that a healthcare organization’s invisible architecture—a foundation of core values, a superstructure of organizational culture, and the interior finish of workplace attitude—is no less important than its visible architecture. Further, they assert that culture will not change unless people change, and people will not change unless they are inspired to do so and given the right tools.
The fully updated second edition of Building a Culture of Ownership in Healthcare takes readers on a journey from accountability to ownership—providing a proven model, strategies, and practical solutions to help improve organizational culture in the healthcare setting. Learn how investing in your organization and your people can enable a significant, successful change in productivity; employee engagement; nurse satisfaction, recruitment, and retention; quality of care; patient satisfaction; and financial outcomes.
For samples and book-related extras please visit the "Sigma Repository"
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Invisible Architecture
- Chapter 2: From Accountability to Ownership
- Chapter 3: The Foundation of Core Values
- Chapter 4: The Superstructure of Organizational Culture
- Chapter 5: The Interior Finish of Workplace Attitude
- Chapter 6: Blueprinting a Culture of Ownership
- Chapter 7: Three Essential Elements of a Culture of Ownership
- Chapter 8: Personal Values and Organizational Values
- Chapter 9: The Four Dimensions of Transformational Leadership
- Chapter 10: Anatomy of a Change Movement: What the Movement to Ban Public Smoking Has to Teach Healthcare Leaders About Culture Change
About the Authors
Joe Tye, MHA, MBA, is Founder and Head Coach of Values Coach Inc., a company he established in 1994 following a career in healthcare administration that included stints as Chief Operating Officer of two large community teaching hospitals.
Bob Dent, DNP, MBA, RN, NEA-BC, CENP, FACHE, FAAN, FAONL, is Vice President of Patient Care and Chief Nursing Officer for three Emory Healthcare hospitals—Emory Decatur, Emory Hillandale, and Emory Long Term Acute Care in Decatur, Georgia.